Extended hours Friday 13th 6am-9am
Summer’s finally rollin’. Just a few reminders:
- Please back in park (and remind your guests too)
- Please sign in all guests to the club and grounds (tennis and non-swimmers included)
- If you are planning on bringing in 6 or more guests at a time, please call the pool to see how busy the calendar is. This is considered a party and needs to be put on the calendar.
- Check the google calendar for the most accurate club schedule and events.
- Please come to the 60th Anniversary Party!
Here’s to the best summer ever!
Pre-Season Pool Rental Reservation Roulette will be open Sunday April 1st – Thursday, April 5th!
During the pre-season, members may rent the pool to host parties for their children’s school classmates.
The rental dates and hours are:
- Monday – Fridays, June 1 – 21, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The number of parties may be limited to the space and staff available on these days, and we will do our best to accommodate as many requests as we can. Rental fees are $200/hour, with a 2-hour minimum reservation requirement.
Days are determined using “Rental Reservation Roulette”, which will open on Sunday, April 1st through Thursday, April 5th. Here’s how to play:
- Between the dates of April 1 – 5, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred party dates and times, along with a number between 1-100.
- On April 6, we will have someone, TBD, choose a number. Among all of the people requesting to schedule parties, the person with the number closest to the one chosen will get their first choice, and so on.
- Only one member representative may request for a group / class
- Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Bookings happen FAST so make sure you schedule April 1-April 5 on your calendar with your party preference dates as a reminder to send them in!
Thank you to those who attended our Annual Meeting, I hope you found it informative, and exciting as plans for the upcoming season were shared.
As March roars in like a lion, we have a number of projects happening to prepare for a fantastic 2018 summer. First, the new boiler installation began on March 12th. This boiler is a dual-heating system designed by RayPak, and will be installed by a local and highly reputable company, Orca Pacific. The new system will be more efficient and offers the redundancy of two separate units that we believe will allow for us to never be without warm water.
Second, we are making needed repairs to the pool tiles and grout and cleaning the bottom and sides of the entire pool. This work is scheduled to begin on March 19th. As you drive or run by on the Burke, you may notice the pool has been drained to prepare for these repairs, and this empty state also allows for us to inspect the main drain and determine if any additional repair is needed. Both projects are forecasted to be completed by the first week in April, allowing us plenty of time to prepare the water for opening day: scheduled for May 1st!
One more project in the works which I hope will be ready by opening day is a set a pool covers. These covers are manufactured to spec for our pool and will provide a significant cost savings in our pool operations. In fact, we are one of the last/only pools to not have pool covers…! With the estimated decrease in operating costs (water, chemicals and heat), our overall capital outlay was lowered by a subsidy received from Puget Sound Energy (“PSE”). PSE recognizes and rewards businesses and operations who are taking steps to be more energy efficient by offering custom grants. Our grant will cover 70% of the cost of our new pool covers and 20% of our new and upgraded boiler. The combination of the covers and updated boiler will save us tens of thousands over the years to come. I’m thrilled and excited!
Next, here’s an invitation to put your painting hats on. The Annual Work Party is scheduled for late April – see dates inside these Pool Cues. While painting will be one of our main focuses, we will also have the usual chores of weeding, removal of blackberry bushes, power washing and general cleaning of the grounds, furniture and equipment, to prepare the facility. I will also order a few yards of mulch and rock to beautify the grounds and add a new dry rock bed to help with the rain water runoff. Come on down, ready to work and say hey to your fellow members. Should be fun! This year, extra tools that would be appreciated if you’re willing to share, are: wheel barrels, shovels and power washers. That plus high energy and group effort will help to make the jobs run more efficiently.
Last year was a terrific year of learning this new role. We worked hard during the off-season in preparation for my second year, and I am super excited for what lies ahead. We’re turning 60!
Can’t wait for Summer, 2018!
Bruce Gillespie, Club Manager
VRSTC Annual Meeting
All Members welcome!
Come see each other and hear from your VRSTC Board and Management about what’s in store for this promising summer.
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Place: VRSTC Clubhouse
Time: 6:30 p.m. – Reception
7:00 p.m. – Annual Member Meeting
Your February Pool Cues are on their way to your mailbox. You can find an electronic version by clicking HERE.
Looking ahead at Summer 2018, the Pool Cues includes some key dates and information:
- Swim Team Meet Calendar – GO VIEW RIDGE!
- Tennis Flight Schedule and Contacts.
- Work Party dates to be penciled in.
- Board of Trustees Nominees for this coming term.
- Last call for summer staff applications! Due 2/28!
The Annual Member Meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 7th at the Pool Clubhouse. We will begin with an informal reception at 6:30 and the meeting will begin at 7p.m. Hope to see you all there!
Hope your anticipation for summer is growing as quickly as ours!
The Winter Work Crew (Bruce, Doug, Your Board)
WE’RE HIRING! Time is running out!
We are now accepting applications for Lifeguards, Swim Lesson Instructors and the Snack Shack. The best summer job you’ll ever have! This summer, we plan to hire 2 – 5 Lifeguards and up to 2 Snack Shack employees.
- Lifeguards and Swim Lesson Instructors must show proof of Red Cross certification or enrollment in a Lifeguarding course. Must be 16-years old to apply.
- Snack Shack applicants will need a current King County Food Handlers Permit. Must be 14 years old to apply.
- All Staff will need a bank account for direct deposit of paychecks.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, February 28th, 2018. We will review all cover letters and resumes, and will contact those who qualify to schedule an in-person interview for the first or second weekend in March. Thank you for your interest and we hope to hear from you soon!