Lessons are offered for members and non members in 8-day, 30-minute sessions (Monday – Thursday). We also offer Private Lessons.
- 11:00am – 11:30am
- 11:30am – 12:00pm
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm
- See Fees page.
|2019 Lesson Sessions|
|Session 1||Monday, 6/24 – Friday, 7/3
(no lessons on 7/4)prorated
|Session 2||Monday, 7/8 – Thursday, 7/18|
|Session 3||Monday, 7/22 – Thursday, 8/1|
|Session 4||Monday, 8/5 – Thursday, 8/15|
|Session 5||Monday, 8/19 – Thursday, 8/29|
- Members have priority in signing up for lessons.
- Non-members who are continuing with lessons will have priority over new non-members.
- Registration must be done in-person, only. We like to see your smiling face!
- Payment is required at the time of registration. We accept cash, checks, and credit or debit cards. For members, your membership account will be billed at the time of registration.
- Registration will happen in the order you receive your number. Numbers will be passed out 30-minutes before registration begins
- Thank you!
2018 Registration Times
|Members||Continuing Non Members||New Non Members|
|Session 1||Tuesday, 6/11, 5:00pm||Tuesday, 6/18, 5:00pm||Tuesday, 6/18, 7:00pm|
|Session 2||Tuesday, 7/2, 10:45am||Wednesday, 7/3, 10:45am||Wednesday, 7/3, 1:00pm|
|Session 3||Wednesday, 7/17, 10:45am||Thursday, 7/18, 10:45am||Thursday, 7/18, 1:00pm|
|Session 4||Wednesday, 7/31, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/1, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/1, 1:00pm|
|Session 5||Wednesday, 8/14, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/15, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/15, 1:00pm|
Minnow I and II (for ages 4 – 5)
These classes recognize the developmental stage of children this age. They are designed to move the young swimmer from comfort and enjoyment of the water to basic strokes. Patience and fun are emphasized.
Minnow III (for ages 4 – 5)
This class is for little ones who are very comfortable in the water and can easily float anywhere in the pool. While they may be comfortable playing in the water, they are ready to learn the basic coordination required for traditional strokes.
Non-Floater (for ages 5 & up)
This class is for older children who need to become comfortable in the water. They will work toward putting their face in the water and ultimately floating. These children usually have some real fear of the water, so patience will be emphasized.
Floater (for ages 5 & up)
This class is for older children who are somewhat comfortable in the water, can put their face in the water for a period of time, and are floating well. We will work on many prerequisites to swimming, like kicking and using their arms.
These swimmers are ready for the complicated coordination required of the crawl stroke. Students will also spend a great deal of time on their back and doing other activities to increase their confidence in deeper water. Correct technique will come before distance, and safety will be stressed.
The crawl stroke will be improved (an emphasis placed on side breathing), more time spent on their back. Other skills are introduced such as treading water, underwater swimming, and diving from the side of the pool.
This class will continue the progression towards a relaxed and efficient crawl stroke and backstroke. The breaststroke kick will be introduced. There will also be an increase in drills to help with continued skill development.
This class offers continued stroke development through increased distances. Breaststroke will be introduced.
Strokes will continue to be improved with a great deal of emphasis on the breaststroke, a difficult yet valuable stroke. This class is often repeated by a swimmer because the skills take time to perfect.
This class offers an emphasis on competitive strokes and turns, and designed to help a swim team member. Swim team workouts are not always the best place to makes sure strokes are efficient and correct, Racing is an opportunity for focused time on getting the right technique.
Private LessonsView Ridge Swim & Tennis Club allows its staff to teach privates lessons. We feel that they are valuable in several situations such as:
- A child who needs one-on-one contact with an instructor to become comfortable enough for regular lessons.
- Scheduling will not allow for regular lessons.
- Special needs children can learn with close contact with an instructor.
- Older children and adults who do not fit in with younger children in class.
We feel that privates are never a substitute for regular lessons. Children learn best over time with other children.
- Please pay in the office prior to the lesson.
- More than 4 privates with any student must be approved by the manager.
- Please make arrangements personally with the swim instructor. You can leave a message in the office to have them call you.
Non members please note: We are happy to provide swim and tennis lessons for members of our community. However, we ask that you honor this service by not using the facility except for your child’s private lesson. Thanks.
No lesson cards will be given with private lessons.
- See Fees page.