View Ridge is a member of the Greater Seattle Summer Swim League (GSSSL), which is comprised of 16 teams divided evenly into Northern and Southern Divisions. The GSSSL has been in existence since 1960 to promote recreational and competitive swimming. The swim team season starts in mid-May with evening practices, preparing for the summer. Once Seattle Public Schools begin summer break, practices switch to the mornings. The competitive season is made up of seven dual meets against Northern GSSSL clubs (Aqua Club, Blue Ridge, Innis Arden, Klahaya, Sand Point Country Club, Sheridan Beach, and Wedgwood), followed by post regular season qualifying championship meets. The season culminates with the All City Championship Finals meet on the first Tuesday in August, which is when the entire league (Northern and Southern teams) comes together to complete the season.
To learn more about swim team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Megan Sun McIntosh
Assistant Head Coach
The swim team is looking for 1-2 new coaches this summer.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old.
- Available to coach evening workouts from 7-9pm Monday-Thursday from May 14th to June 22nd.
- Available to coach morning workouts from 7-11am from June 25th to August 7th.
- Must show proof of Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding
- Must be fun!
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Rob and Megan at email@example.com by February 28th to set up an interview. Go View Ridge!
2018 (Tentative) Practice Schedule
Pre-Season Schedule (May 14 – June 22)
- Workouts are Monday – Thursday, except for Friday, June 22 (all team practice 7pm – 9pm)
- 8 & Under + 9 – 10: 7:00pm – 7:30pm
- 11 – 14: 7:30pm – 8:15pm
- 15 & Over: 8:00pm – 9:00pm (includes dryland)
Summer Schedule (June 25 – August 7)
- Workouts are Monday – Friday*, no workout Wednesday, July 4
- *Friday all team workouts are 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. (Fun Day 7/13, Pancake Workout 7/20)
- 13 & Over: 7:00am – 8:20am (includes optional dryland from 8 – 8:20)
- 11 – 12: 8:00am – 8:40am
- 8 & Under + 9 – 10: 8:40am – 9:15am
- 13 – 14: 9:15am – 10:00am
- 15 & Over: 9:40am – 10:50am (includes mandatory dryland from 9:40 – 10)
Talk to a coach if you need to make an adjustment to the schedule.
We’re always willing to help.
Swim Team Event Calendar
|Monday, May 7||4 p.m. – 7 p.m.||Sylvia’s Swimwear + Double Haul Apparel in the clubhouse|
|Wednesday, May 9||7 p.m. – 8 p.m.||Swim Team Informational Meeting|
|Monday, May 14||7 p.m. – 9 p.m.||First workouts! Check schedule for workout times by age group.|
|Saturday, June 23||9 a.m.||Time Trials (All Team)|
|Monday, June 25||7 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.||First morning workouts begin!|
|Tuesday, June 26||6 p.m.||View Ridge @ Klahaya|
|Thursday, June 28||6 p.m.||Aqua Club @ View Ridge|
|Tuesday, July 10||6 p.m.||View Ridge @ Sheridan Beach|
|Thursday, July 12||6 p.m.||Blue Ridge @ View Ridge|
|Tuesday, July 17||6 p.m.||SPCC @ View Ridge|
|Thursday, July 19||6 p.m.||Innis Arden @ View Ridge|
|Tuesday, July 24||6 p.m.||View Ridge @ Wedgwood|
|Friday, July 27||9 a.m.||B-Champs @ SPCC|
|Monday, July 30||4 p.m.||Girls Prelims @ View Ridge|
|Tuesday, July 31||4 p.m.||Boys Prelims @ Klahaya|
|Thursday, August 2||4 p.m.||Northern Division Finals @ Blue Ridge|
|Tuesday, August 7||4 p.m.||All City Finals @ Olympic View|
|Wednesday, August 8||6 p.m.||VRSTC Swim Team Banquet|