- 11:00am – 11:30am
- 11:30am – 12:00pm
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm
- See Fees page.
|2018 Lesson Sessions|
|Session 1||Monday, 6/25 – Friday, 7/6
(no lessons on 7/4, make up on Friday 7/6)
|Session 2||Monday, 7/9 – Thursday, 7/19|
|Session 3||Monday, 7/23 – Thursday, 8/2|
|Session 4||Monday, 8/6 – Thursday, 8/16|
|Session 5||Monday, 8/20 – Thursday, 8/30|
- Members have priority in signing up for lessons.
- Non-members who are continuing with lessons will have priority over new non-members.
- Registration must be done in-person, only. We like to see your smiling face!
- Payment is required at the time of registration. We accept cash, checks, and credit or debit cards. For members, your membership account will be billed at the time of registration.
- Registration will happen in the order you receive your number. Numbers will be passed out 30-minutes before registration begins
- Thank you!
2018 Registration Times
|Members||Continuing Non Members||New Non Members|
|Session 1||Tuesday, 6/12, 5:00pm||Tuesday, 6/20, 5:00pm||Tuesday, 6/20, 7:00pm|
|Session 2||Thursday, 7/5, 10:45am||Friday, 7/6 10:45am||Friday, 7/6, 1:00pm|
|Session 3||Wednesday, 7/18, 10:45am||Thursday, 7/19, 10:45am||Thursday, 7/19, 1:00pm|
|Session 4||Wednesday, 8/1, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/2, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/2, 1:00pm|
|Session 5||Wednesday, 8/15, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/16, 10:45am||Thursday, 8/16, 1:00pm|
10 & Under Tennis (5-10 Year Olds)
We will be offering the USTA 10 and Under Tennis format for the (10 and under) Beginner and Intermediate classes. 10 and Under Tennis incorporates a format using age appropriate tennis equipment and tailors the size of the court so that kids can learn, rally, play and compete in a way that is more FUN.
Red Ball (Ages 5-7)
Groups span from beginner to intermediate levels. Strong focus on development of eye hand coordination, sending and receiving the ball, sportsmanship and fun. Players will be evaluated on the first day and then divided into compatible groups by skill.
Orange Ball (Ages 8-10)
Groups span from beginner to intermediate levels. Strong focus on development of eye hand coordination, sending and receiving the ball, sportsmanship and fun. Players will be evaluated on the first day and then divided into compatible groups by skill. The intermediate class will begin at 1 PM. All classes will run for 30 minutes.
Junior Beginner (Ages 11-3 & 14-17)
This program focuses heavily on solid stroke development, strategy and footwork patterns.
Junior Intermediate (Ages 11-13 & 14-17)
This program will teach players to rally with more consistent depth and placement and will focus on developing a first and second serve. Players will build on fundamental strokes and techniques. They will be introduced to match play strategies and effective footwork.
Private LessonsView Ridge Swim & Tennis Club allows its staff to teach privates lessons. We feel that they are valuable in several situations such as:
- A child who needs one-on-one contact with an instructor to become comfortable enough for regular lessons.
- Scheduling will not allow for regular lessons.
- Special needs children can learn with close contact with an instructor.
- Older children and adults who do not fit in with younger children in class.
We feel that privates are never a substitute for regular lessons. Children learn best over time with other children.
- Please pay in the office prior to the lesson.
- More than 4 privates with any student must be approved by the manager.
- Please make arrangements personally with the tennis coach. You can leave a message in the office to have them call you.
Non members please note: We are happy to provide swim and tennis lessons for members of our community. However, we ask that you honor this service by not using the facility except for your child’s private lesson. Thanks.
No lesson cards will be given with private lessons
- See Fees page.
Future JV & Varsity HS Tennis ClinicsThe “Future JV & Varsity High School Tennis Clinics” will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4 pm. Each 1 hour clinic is a workout for the players currently playing Middle School tennis, JV or Varsity High School tennis. It’s a great way to stay sharp, stay in shape, and prepare for fall tryouts.
Participants will have fun learning the intermediate and advanced techniques of tennis while performing more challenging drills.
You can sign up at the front office at the pool or contact coach Ron Coleman at email@example.com | 206-465-5652.